Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Valentines Day Getaway



Derric decided to surprise me on a little weekend getaway to San Antonio! We stayed at a super neat historic hotel, the St. Anthony, one block away from the River Walk. I was told to bring a nice dress, a going-out outfit, and clothes to go outdoor shopping! I was overwhelmed with this responsibility I had no idea where we were going or the weather so I did what all girls do best and OVERPACKED!!! Derric really loves it when I do this. I had three dresses because of course I didnt' know how dressy was dressy, what was going out and what was not could be a variable of different things depending on the city!

As we pulled into our quaint little hotel we spotted a delicious looking Sushi restaurant that was right around the corner from our hotel so we decided to get dressed and hop over there!


Yokonyu Sushi Bar & Restaurant was were the night began, we had amazing food. We started off the meal with Mexican Miso Soup, it was a bit spicy but we still ate it, we also had the San Antonio Roll and some sort of Eel Roll (my favorite).


After dinner we wondered around the river walk and heard this howling crowd at Howl At The Moon. This is a very fun place that we have been to once in Houston. It's a dueling Piano Bar where two different pianist play songs together and everyone sings along to very popular music that everyone would know. It is quite a sight to see! At about 1am we headed back to the room for the night.

The next morning we woke up about 9:00 and headed down to a wonderful buffet at the hotel restaurant, I had French Toast and fruit and Derric had a little bit of everything.



We got dressed and headed to the Luchesse Boot Co, were I found a beautiful pair of boots that we wanted to get but they didn't have my size! So, we headed to the San Marcus outlet mall. We went to my favorite stores, J.Crew, White House Black Market, Pottery Barn, William Sonoma and Coach. Derric and I have been several times. I noramlly browse in the Coach store for about an hour and then decide that I can't ever find what I like becasue there are so many choices until..... there is a HUGE SALE! Not only are we talking factory outlet sale we are talking an additional 60% off of everything, so Derric starts totally getting into it. People are running around like crazy with like 5 bags that I am sure they will put on ebay as soon as they get home. I am just trying to look around at all of the bags, and trying to see what everyone else is picking up maybe they have the bag I want? What if that was the last one, all these thoughts are rushing through my head and there is a ridiculous line out the door. Derric told me that he wanted to buy me a bag for Valentines Day so he was going to get in line while I continued to find "THE BAG". I found 2 that I liked, Derric was okay with buying 2 since everyone else was but I didn't want to go overboard. I wanted a classic look not one with all the c's that everyone knocks off. I found a nice simple Camel Leather over the shoulder bag that I will have for years!



After a long day of shopping we decided to not go home and get all dressed up but instead to catch a movie at The Alamo Draft House, we split pizza and wings. I had been wanting to see He's Just Not That Into You, I read the book in college. It was pretty good, we enjoyed it.



After the movie we came back to our room to find Derric had pre-ordered champagne and chocolate strawberries! He was really sweet and romantic all weekend. This is a trip we will cherish forever. I am a very lucky girl, it was so nice to just enjoy each other and not have a schedule at all.

No comments: