Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cupcakes in a Mason Jar



My sister in law Jennifer is 33 weeks pregnant and has been in the hopsital the last few days with contractions..... She really wanted to come home so they dismissed her and she is on strict bedrest. I wanted to make her some meals so she could just stay home and kick her feet up! I ran across a similar recipe yesterday so I thought I could throw it together with my own twist. This cake recipe is the one I ate all the time during my pregnancy.

I LOVE IT, and have the "Love Handles" to prove it!

"Pregnancy Heaven"
Chocolate Cake


2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water







1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.

2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.

3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.


I then cut half the cupcakes in half.




I placed half of the cupcake on the bottom of the jar.


Okay so I cheated on the icing, sue me!


Then I put the icing in a ziplock and snipped the end and piped in coconut pecan icing on top of the bottom part of cupcake. I then took the top of the cupcake and layered on top of the icing, then topped off with more icing. I cut a piece of fabric and ribbon and VIOLA!



Loretta Machann and I put these together along with King Rach Chicken, Cornbread Casserole, Pasta Salad, and Taco Soup. Hopefully Lee and Jennifer will be set for a few days!

No comments: