Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm Thankful for..... PECAN PIE




Today I spent the day with my mom, it was very nice. I did a little work and baked with her all day. We made Taco Soup for lunch and cornbread (a little extra for me to take home as dinner too). Then we got a jumpstart on all the sweets for Thanksgiving Day. My grandmother had a heart procedure done this week and won't be able to make it to Thanksgiving this year so we had to do it for her. It was fun to get to learn how my mom and her used to do things like this together. There is something special about baking with your mom, with a little love of course. This is the best pecan pie ever..... my grandmother has lots of pecan trees so we always look forward to all of her pecan sweets she makes each holiday.

Grandma's Pecans Pie

1 cup sugar
¾ cup Light Karo syrup
3 eggs
Mix together… then add
1 dash salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup pecans

Stir it all together, 350 degrees about 40 mins,
or until toothpick is clean.
I am thankful for lots of things not just pecan pie (I love it even when I am not pregnant, haha),
I am thankful for a healthy pregnancy and baby to be, and wonderful husband, a loving family, beautiful friends inside and out, a savior who loves me even though I am so unworthy of Him. I am so thankful for many things this time of year...
What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Sounds yumm... I want to recipe for youre taco soup!!