Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy 1 Month Birthday Hank





Happy Birthday to Hank, Happy Birthday to Hank,
Happy Birthday Sweeeeet Hank, Happy Birthday to Hank!

On the 8th was Hank's one month birthday! I got crafty with this little cake. I bought a 6" cake pan and mixed in a little food coloring and went to town stacking this baby! It was fun. I decorated it myself to, (guess I was a little sleep deprived when I did the icing) haha!

I can't wait to celebrate his next birthday yes that's right, his two month birthday, I even bought a birthdya bip today at Carter's Outlet for it! Levi our mini schnauzer had a birthday December 15th when we were in the hospital but we were so overwhelmed 2 days before Hank's surgery we plum forgot. Pico our boxer had a birthday on January 7th and I planned on making them some homemade dogbones but... after Hank's cake I was just too tired. Here's the recipe for the best dog biscuits ever. I still have all the stuff to make them I will try tomorrow!

The Best Doggone Dog Treats Ever

3/4 c. hot water
1/3 c. butter
1/2 c. powdered milk
3 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
1 egg, beaten
Cinnamon as desired.

Pour hot water over butter. Stir in powdered milk, salt, sugar and egg. Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time; mixing well after each addition. Knead 4-5 minutes. Add more flour if necessary to make stiff. Roll 1/2 inch thick, cut with favorite cookie cutter. Put on greased sheet. Bake 30 minutes at 325 degrees.

p.s. I was told when you treat your dogs like kids they totally get demoted when you actually have real human kids, well.... I guess they were right! Sorry Pico and Levi we still love you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see that tree now. Hearts all over it. How appropriate under the circumstances. That's my girl...going and going and going! Don't forget to take a little extra care for Samantha! I love ya, honey. Mom