Sunday, December 20, 2009

Amazing Scripture



This is Derric and Me with Dr. Douglas (Hank's Surgeon) and his amazing Nurse Beth

Here is some amazing scripture, I am writing them on strips of paper and putting them around Hank's hospital room as we speak!

Keep on rejoicing in the Lord at all times. I will say it again: Keep on rejoicing! Let your forbearing spirit be known to all people. The Lord is near: Never worry about anything, but in every situation let your petitions be made known to God in prayers and requests, with thanksgiving. Then God's peace, which goes far beyond anything we can imagine, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
Phillipians 4:4-7

It is God who gives me strength and makes my way perfect......He enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle... YOU give me your shield of victory, you stoop down to make me great... I pursued my enemies and crushed them, I did not turn back till they were destroyed. I crushed them completely and they could not rise, they fell beneath my feet. You armed me with STRENGTH for battle!!!
2 Samuel 22: 33-40

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds.
James 1:2

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family, in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:14-21

This has been my favorite song for a few weeks.... but I hadn't listened to it since Hank was born. As I sit and listen to every word I can't help but feel this is God's songe for me right now, it is sooooooo perfect for what my heart feels! I am totally amazed everyday at how God has been laying everything right out in front of me. He is so cool.

To listen to the song click HERE

Your Hands
By:JJ Heller
have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn't there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That You would take my pain away
That You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crookedly lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

When You walked upon the Earth
You healed the broken, lost, and hurt
I know You hate to see me cry
One day You will set all things right
Yea, one day You will set all things right

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

Your hands
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave You when...

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave...
I never leave Your hands

3 comments:

Kari Ransom said...

It is great to hear about Hanks amazing progress. I hug Izzy a little tighter and little longer each day. We say a little prayer together that Hank is strong enough to be in your arms soon.

love ya,
Kari

Unknown said...

Glad to hear Hank is doing better. He's a fighter! Stay strong!

Michelle Weaver

Anonymous said...

hey samantha just wanted to let you and derrick know that we all @ Dr. johnson's office are praying for lil Hanks speedy recovery!if u need someone to talk 2 please call me! remember U CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH JESUS CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENS YOU!!!we are praying for you all as well. much love Premier Women's Care

Rokisha, Carrie, Dianna, Paula, and most of all Dr Johnson! ; )