Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 7 12/15/ Happy Birthday Hank

11:45 a.m. I received a call this morning from someone I had never meet. His said his name was Brian and he is a youth pastor in Sugarland. He has a 6 week old boy that had an arterial switch operation (its what Hank is about to have) just one month ago. He brought Sam and I some lunch and shared their story with us, they made an amazing DVD to share. It was such a blessing and an encouragement to hear how well his son Jayden is doing just one month after his surgery.

This is a picture of Baby Jayden....


-Derric


Happy ONE WEEK Birthday Hank

We also had a party for baby Hank on the 10th floor where they have a super neat play area for well kids to play. Hank of course just had to hear about it, but Baby Colten and my niece Reid and Paxton got to join us. There is an age limit in NICU right now so Reid has not gotten to see him since he has been here, so it was a real blessing to have her at the PARTY! We had chocolate cake(this is Hank and Mommy's favorite we ate alot of that the last 9 months haha), ice cream balloons, and even a playground. Here are a few pictures. We even got to share Baby Jayden's DVD that told his story Brian came and shared with us in the afternoon.

Playing on the teeter-totter!
Our Godson Colten and his mommy and daddy Blake and Melanie.
The Boys on the teeter-totter.
Our Chocolate Cake and Ice Cream


Jennifer my sis n law, Me, and Meghan

Derric and Me
Paxton and Reid Hank's Cousins
Logan and Meghan Hayter
Derric sharing about Baby Jayden and sharing their video.
Me and Trista
Eating a lil' cake!

WE LOVE YOU BABY HANK....

I can't wait to have a real birthday party for you to celebrate one year. What a blessing you are to our family. We are just crazy about you and we love you to pieces.

Jesus-
Please keep my baby safe, please hold him in your arms and give him peace. Lord, please keep Derric and I strong let us be a light for you through this storm. Thank you for surrounding us with amazing friends and family that love and support us! We know that you have a plan for Hank, your word says; "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. Jesus we lift Hank up to you and trust you.
In His Name I Pray- Amen.

We also bought Hank his first bible today, it is sweet a little blue one, I am going to write a sweet prayer inside, (I love being a mommy)!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hey Samantha,
I am Bryan's wife, Jayden's mom. Bryan forwarded your blog to me. I just read it all and cried throughout the entire thing (I'm not usually much of a crier). I know what you are going through as a mother right now. I want you to know your sweet boy, Hank, will be lifted up in prayer throughout this entire event. I am praying for you and your husband as well. Surgery day will be the longest day. I cannot come see you in the hospital, being that I have 2 little ones to take care of. If you want to talk, or have any questions, or just cry with someone who has been there, please call. My number is 281 435 2756. I will be lifting you all up all day tomorrow.

Gina Borden